If you have a sedentary job (a.k.a. a desk job), regular exercise is essential if you want to stay trim and for your physical health but there’s a lot more to it than that. Physical exercise is also a crucial component of your mental health.
Regular exercise can:
– Improve your mood and make you feel happier
– Decrease tensions, stress and mental fatigue
– Boost your self-esteem
– Improve the quality of your sleep
– Boost your ability to concentrate
– Help to increase your confidence
– Reduce your anger and frustrations levels
– Boost your energy levels
In addition to regular exercise it’s also important to try to increase your daily activity at work, for example, you could:
– Take a brisk walk at lunch
– Use the stairs between floors rather than the lift or escalators
– Walk around to talk to colleagues rather than using email or the phone
– Stand up while you read or make phone calls
– Adjust your journey to work to include more walking or walk at a faster pace
The most important thing is to build regular exercise into your routine and increase your daily activity in a way you can maintain. Every step you take will help to increase your happiness and quality of life so get exercising!
At our London City Studio, we specialize in personal training programs for the busy office worker. We are only minutes from Moorgate, Barbican and Liverpool St tube stations. Contact us today to try a free taster session!